Saturday 15 January 2011

Further Ideas for my Film Noir OTS


Because i'm planning to have a gun shooting in my Film Noir I researched the different ways you could show it on various websites and I tried looking at some on youtube and found this video and even though I liked the effect, I think its a bit too in your face and disgusting looking.



I can't seem to find a still shot out of the film Micmacs, which is a french film directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, so i'll just describe it. Basically he gets shot in the head and they do a high angle shot over him and you can slowly see the blood trickle down his head and instead of looking grotesque, it looks elegant and very arty, and this is what I want to achieve in mine.






My next idea fitted in with the fact that I want the song Screamin Jay Hawkins-I put a spell on you to be in it.

I saw the trailer for the film Nowhere Boy and instantly loved it because of how they had edited it to cut in time with the song I put a spell on you. This gave me the idea and encouragement me to try it in my own film, as I think it will give it an edge of how its silent and tense and then it cuts to this cheeky upbeat yet slightly creepy music when Jack is walking away from the scene of the crime, perhaps in time with the music?


The idea behind the silence creating immense tension was mostly my idea, but a film Noir that is similar and uses silence is 'The Man who wasn't there' (2001) Directed by Joel Coen

No comments:

Post a Comment