Thursday 13 January 2011

Task 1 of the Audience theory activity & understanding booklet

   I done a mind map spider diagram and then took a photo of it to upload on to my blog to show what types of media I come across in a typical day. Whilst I may not encounter every single one of the things on the diagram, I do most of them, somtimes sub-consciously, for example with the viral adverts or adverts on billboards. I have not included media types like game consoles such as xbox 360, video cameras, editing software, videos etc because they are more rare things that I would not come across in a typical day.

P.S - I forgot to put on my spider diagram one of the more obvious ones, a computer, with such things as word documents, powerpoint presentation, email etc.


   I think it is impossible to go through a day without encountering or seeing anything linked with the media in some form (unless you were to lock yourself in an empty room that is soundproofed, with your eyes shut). The media influences people in all sorts of ways, whether it is manipulating them to buy a product through advertising to the extremes of changing their personality to a more violent one through influental video games or movies etc. Throughout the tasks I will be investigating the relationship between the media and their audiences and will try and make sense of it all and eventually come to my own conclusion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment