Monday 10 January 2011

2 things i've realised today.

1. That when it comes to the blog layout, or mine in particular, the bit on the right hand side next to the posts, with the hyperlinks in, is white (or sometimes black) and you can actually see the writing on a windows computer, but on an apple mac you can't. So all that struggling to change it on the mac was pointless (arghh !!), sums up most of my experiences with technology I suppose :)

2.  That I have like a photographic mind (no, not where I can take a photo in my head and remember something down to every detail) when it comes to planning. I want to see everything in front of me before I can begin to think about what happens next. So I think because I have done photography for so long, and have only filmed a music video, documentary and other little things, I think I have gotten used to the simplenss and quickness of setting up a shot for a photo. I find it hard to visualise the whole thing and to imagine it, I have the ideas but I would rather just do it there and then when I think of it. But, alas I know it doesn't work like that and I know that to be successful when it comes to planning I have to do the dreaded long process of storyboarding or trying out a different thing like an animatic where I could also speak over it to tell the audience the camera shots, or editing and transitions that I plan to have in my film Noir OTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment