Wednesday 23 March 2011

The Script

Below is the script for my Film Noir OTS, I have chosen to not name my characters as they do not get mentioned in the OTS and I think this emphasises the mystery of the people even more (I have used their real names to show when they speak) (and have put how they say it in brackets) (with 'stage' directions and movements of the people in itallics).

Jack - Anti hero              Erin - Femme fatale           Rhea - Waitress       Nik - Jacks partner in crime

Jack : "Alright sweet cheeks" (matter of factly, with a slight cheekiness)

Erin : "Yer" (seductively)

Jack : "How've you been" (more seriously, staring into her eyes)

Erin : "Alright (pause) (reaches out for hand) been missing you" (in a desperate voice)

Jack : "Wish I could say the same" ( in a more harsh tone) (swigs from his glass)

Erin : "Look, what happened the other night"

Jack : "Don't you dare" (lights cigarette)

(May or may not use this line) - Erin : "I just..."

Jack : "What happens in the past, stays in the past" (says it more softly)

Erin : "I hope we can move on"

Jack : "So do I" (as he reaches for gun) (he then shoots erin) (the waitress comes over)

Rhea : "Would you like the bill?" (the audience realises she is in on the murder on Jack's side, as she gently takes the gun away from the table, hiding the evidence)

Jack : "You can put it on her tab" (said with no remorse)

(Jack walks away from the scene of the crime through cobbled streets to meet Nick, they both stand by the wall, not to look too suspicious)

Nik : "Is it done?"

Jack : "Yeah"

Nik : "Alright" (says it in a hurried tone)

(They both walk away in opposite directions)

No comments:

Post a Comment