Wednesday 23 March 2011

The Media Trips

Sorry for the lateness on the update about the trips we went too. But thought I would just have a quick little chat about how they helped me toward my film noir.

First trip to Epic Studios -  http://www.epic-tv.com/



Involved us all working together to quickly make a programme and then film it and then watch it back, to get a taste of what its actually like in a television studio.
It was interesting to see and find out the different elements and jobs that everyone had and how everything and everyone was important to create the final piece.
It made me realise how much is actually involved and I know appreciate much more about how much work they have to do to ensure everything runs smoothly.

In the second part of it we sat in lectures where different people from all different types of media, some film makers, some journalists, music video makers and promoters were talking about their jobs and what you have to do now to try and work towards them and a bit about their area of expertise in the media. I enjoyed it because it gave me more of an idea of how much work you have to put into it and it gave me more of an insight to help me make my decisions about my future and my Film Noir OTS and the importance to be decisive about things.




Second trip to the British Film Institute (on wednesday the 2nd of march 2011) - http://www.bfi.org.uk/

This trip didn't link in so much with what the blog and the Film Noir OTS is all about, but it still taught me to look more in depth into things and the types of filming that Britain is famous for, making me feel proud and hopeful for the future that maybe I could be directing or producing etc films one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment