Wednesday 2 February 2011

First reactions of Editing

I have started to edit my Film Noir OTS and decided to show it to three people to get their first reactions, constructive good points and different ways I could improve.

Rhea (aged17) : ''I like the fact that you're using different angles that look interesting, building and creating more tension. The colour tones and textures fit in well ".

Erin (aged16) : ''Colour tones fitted in with the old style of Film Noir, and because the camera wasn't the best of quality it made the moving images look sort of gritty, which looks effective''.

Sam (aged 18) : ''I can tell that you have looked a lot more into continuity than I usually do, and you make sure everything runs smoothly and makes sense. But, it needs to go into something more as it doesn't entice me, as him walking up stairs doesn't seem to lead to anything''.


Final Cut Express

I will be using Final Cut Express to edit a few of my scenes, using the more advanced editing skills. For example, in one of my scenes I made the mistake of having a very recent and modern car just being visible. To get rid of this continuity error (beings as I wanted my OTS to be set in the 1950's) I would need to crop the frame to cut out the car from the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment